Senior Procurement Manager - Construction
Senior Procurement Manager - East Midlands - Leading Construction and Engineering Organisation - £70k - £75k + Package
Location: East Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Senior Procurement Manager - Midlands - Construction - £70-75k + package
This industry leading company is looking for a talented and innovative senior procurement professional to join at senior manager level and deliver optimal procurement practise across the construction category. The role offers exposure to senior stakeholders across the business and the opportunity to influence several complex projects involving spends in excess of a billion pounds. This position reports into the regional procurement lead and offers the chance to work in a challenging environment for a world renowned, reputable industry heavyweight.
Senior Procurement Manager Responsibilities
- Manage large scale CAPEX projects across both directs and indirects - utilising strong commercial acumen to manage the end to end sourcing process from strategy implementation to contract management.
- Engage with and influence key senior stakeholders, driving procurement strategy across the construction and communicating that strategy with clarity to procurement and non-procurement professionals in the business.
- Negotiate robust contracts and deliver on savings targets whilst minimising exposure to risk within the procurement function.
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers to enhance savings and optimise the procurement process in the construction category.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering savings and managing risks in the construction category.
- Evidence of handling large project spends (£250m+) and managing large projects simultaneously.
- Commercial acumen across direct and indirect spend is central to the role.
- The ability to communicate with clarity to all stakeholders, adapting your approach to suit your audience.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Extensive influence over procurement strategy at a world leading organisation.
- Exposure to significant project spends and therefore incredible savings opportunities.
- The chance to work with leading figures in construction procurement on a daily basis.
For more information, please e-mail an up-to-date copy of your CV to jobsAMD@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Keywords: Procurement, Construction Procurement, CAPEX, Midlands, M&E, Degree, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Procurement Manager, Stakeholder Management