Interim Procurement Specialist
My client, a Public Sector organisation in West London, is recruiting for an Interim Procurement Specialist for an initial 3 month contract to assist in complex projects reporting directly to the Head of Procurement.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the category strategy and deliver 'hands-on' procurement, including, complex, high value negotiations with key suppliers
- Support stakeholders in the development of specifications and evaluation criteria. Coordinate and deliver the procurement process from inception through to the award of contract, ensuring effective negotiation with external suppliers ,agents and contractors
- Responsibility for interpreting, implementing, advising on national and international procurement legislation/guidance (OJEU) to avoid the Council operating in breach. Advise staff on issues arising from Council activity and how to mitigate risk.
- To develop and implement innovative approaches to the delivery of complex projects including updating strategies and methodology to minimise the councils risk in procurement and contract management.
- To manage negotiations with suppliers to ensure mutual benefit in supplying goods and services to the council and to deliver the best possible value for money.
- To promote collaboration and shared services not only with internal departments, but also across a number of authorities and public bodies.