My client is a leading FMCG distribution business based in the heard of Birmingham. They are looking for a Transport Controller to get involved in the day to day operations management which also involves route planning.
A leading FMCG distribution business based in Birmingham. They are looking for a Transport Controller who is ready for their next new challenge.
The Transport Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Assign work to the drivers and their required mates maximising both vehicle and manpower utilisation, following up on actual performance and taking corrective action as required.
- To ensure the drivers and mates adhere to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) using them to plan and lead working practices.
- Undertake transport planning on a daily basis to ensure that the appropriate fleet is deployed to meet customer service requirements whilst minimising costs of delivery.
- Ensure all drivers and mates are fully inducted into their roles and that training sessions are fully supported. Maintain detailed records and identify further training / retraining.
- Ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate manner meeting all current driver and vehicle legislation and within Company Policy.
- Ensure that all transport statistics are produced in a timely fashion for internal and external consumption. To carry out Transport administration for their section of the fleet with regard to Tachograph charts, driver debriefs fuel monitoring, vehicle weighing and other transport statistical data.
- Assist with the processing of orders, production of pick lists and despatch notes and load sheets in accordance with depot procedures.
The successful candidate will have experience of transport management both from an operations management perspective but also experience of route planning.
£20,000 - £24,000 + benefits.