Category Buyer - Indirects
2 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for supporting the business departments in their procurement related activities.
Responsible for delivery of sub-category spend and cost saving targets. Working across the business, at all levels.
Key activities will include educating the business on the procurement policy and process, providing suitable tools for the business to use in relation procurement activity and running tender activities for the business.
The organisation in question is a global leader in the manufacture of automotive vehicles for both the consumer and commercial markets. Already a market leader this global organisation strives to be at the forefront of sustainable mobility as the market moves away from the petrol / diesel engines.
- To provide commercial guidance and evidence its delivery through category strategies and third party suppliers delivered value.
- Proactive working across the business to deliver an effective advisory approach ensuring requirements are met whilst not compromising on business objectives and Purchasing compliance
- Provide relevant training and support to the business in respect of procurement process and policy and monitor effectiveness. Deliver 'learning sessions' as required.
- Conduct spend analysis to identify saving and compliance opportunities and follow through on their delivery
- Develop sub-category strategies and secure business approval and deliver sub-category targets.
- Responsible for delivering timely tender and Procurement approval activities
- Ensure supplier contracts have appropriate and stretching Service Levels and/or Key Performance Indicators focused on the delivery of class leading performance and value for money.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers regarding prices and commercial terms and conditions in line with the business procurement policy and process.
- Ensure all suppliers are selected, approved and contracted in accordance with the business purchasing policies and procedures and manage contract cost control
- Build productive relationships with the Procurement team to ensure alignment with global Category strategies and gain support for local activity
- Strong Negotiator
- Strong numeracy skills
- Articulate communicator and presenter
- Good listening skills
- Ability to influence and build productive relationships
- Results focused
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good planning skills
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Methodical, analytical and disciplined
Above and beyond the competative basic salary and benefits package the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a world class procurement function which will prove key in the individuals development and future progression.