Global Category Manager - Indirect Goods/Services
The Category Manager role should provide sourcing expertise and leadership to the relevant categories. Support and input to the global, regional and cluster category as this pertains to the development and execution of category sourcing strategies, sourcing operations and performance management.
The organisation is question is a company steeped in tradition, grounded by its core values and principles as well as its vision to be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfilment needs of its customers globally.
Strategic Thought Leadership within given category.
To provide leadership and overall ownership in the development and implementation of the assigned global and regional sourcing and supply strategies within the relevant geography (Global / Regional / Cluster).
To lead relevant negotiations and commercial contracts for assigned commodities that;
- best support the companies strategies as they pertain to innovation, delivery, service, pricing, cash and quality objectives
- ensure assigned category teams leverage total global / regional spend, where applicable, whilst understanding critical logistical, regional and local differences
- include fact-based analysis of the supply market, the identification and delivery of savings targets, the use of appropriate and agreed sourcing tools and processes, risk identification and mitigation strategies
- ensure, where a supplier crosses multiple category groups that the overall supplier relationship is managed at the relevant level
- highlight opportunities for both supplier led innovation and the identification of simplification opportunities
deliver the lowest total cost of ownership, within required service parameters
- Bachelors Degree - minimum requirement (Masters, CIPS, CMA preferable)
- +8 years' professional experience in Procurement, Finance, Supply Chain Management.
- Skilled or capable of being skilled in all sourcing process disciplines
- High degree of problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Working knowledge of multiple spend categories / commodities
- Understanding in e-procurement processes and systems.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership.
Ability to travel
On offer to the successful candidate is an opportunity to achieve genuine 'job satisfaction' by being part of a world class procurement function managing multi-site global projects.
Furthermore there is a generous remuneration package including high basic salary and a full executive benefits package.