The role of the Category Manager is to manage development and implementation of category strategies and supplier relationship initiatives to support the ongoing growth of the organisation.
Market leading FMCG organisation based in the Midlands.
- To deliver Local and Divisional Procurement initiatives and support Group Procurement strategies.
- Develop category and supplier plans in line with the business needs and secure appropriate management agreement and support.
- Develop appropriate commercial relationships with preferred and new suppliers, in areas including, trading terms, service level agreements, product specification and quality etc.
- Develop appropriate internal relationships for the successful implementation of Group, Regional and local category plans.
- Develop ways of working and processes with sites to support all areas of procurement activity and best practice.
- Communicate plans to senior management teams and key stakeholders as appropriate, including written, verbal and presentation methods.
- Ensure that the company's best interests are represented at all times.
- Follow the Procurement best practise policies and procedures.
- Category management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to build networks and effective working relationships.
- Keen to look for continuous improvements and apply processes.
- Experience of managing people to achieve successful outcomes on projects.
- Good IT Knowledge
- MCIPS qualified or working towards MCIPS
25 days holiday plus bank holidays