Interim Buyer - Packaging & Ingredients
You will be responsible for buying all; packaging, chemicals and other equipment for all UK sites. This is a 10 month contract reporting into the Purchasing Manager, covering another employees secondment during a big period of transformation.
Our client is is famous drinks business in West London, solely working in the UK but a strong household name.
- Responsibility for the procurement function of all products, equipment and services, mainly packaging, chemicals, ingredients and equipment.
- Obtain information on business needs including specifications and services required.
- Conduct research on suppliers as appropriate to the product categories.
- Conduct all purchasing related meetings with Suppliers.
- Manage tender process where applicable.
- Evaluate and renew contracts where applicable.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance.
- Ensure all relevant information (pricing, new product development, supply opportunities) are disseminated to relevant personnel.
- Maintain all documentation and administration relating to procurement.
- Maintain statistical data on suppliers and exploit systems data available for supplier evaluation.
- The specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to: procurement of packaging, cleaning chemicals, gas cylinders, CO2/Nitrogen, POS, capital equipment.
- This list is not exhaustive and may include ad-hoc requests as made by the Procurement Manager.
- Previous raw material direct procurement experience is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical thinker
- Team worker
- Independent thinker, proactive
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to think on feet and be flexible.
- CIPS preferred but not a deal breaker
- Knowledge of allocated product categories
- Business awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in manufacturing sector would be preferred but is not essential
£130-160 per day for 10 months