Your new company
A leading blue-chip utilities organisation with a national presence.
Your new role
As a Sourcing Manager, you will lead a team of Buyers in the development and delivery of legally compliant sourcing contracts. Skilled in the use of a broad set of analytical tools the Sourcing Manager will identify current and future sourcing needs and in close collaboration with their business customers, deliver industry leading future focused sourcing strategies.
- Acting as a Procurement & Contract Management representative, communicating effectively and professionally across all levels of the organisation and its associated supply chains
- Managing key stakeholder relationships to facilitate the timely delivery of agreed Category Strategies aligned to current and future business demands
- Leading and developing a team of Buyers delivering excellent performance by setting clear expectations linked to business targets and agreed Category Strategies
- Ensuring economic, environmental and ethical risks are assessed and appropriately mitigated across the supply chain and throughout the sourcing lifecycle
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive programme of sourcing support for the designated area of expenditure
- Directly supporting complex/high value sourcing initiatives that present a significant risk to the organisation
- Providing advice, guidance and support to the wider business to ensure compliance and enhance commercial awareness across the organisation
- As an integral member of Procurement, ensuring wider strategic initiatives are progressed to deliver an industry leading Sustainable Supply Chain function
- Capturing all benefits and achieve target savings to allow budget adjustments to be realised
- Managing and maintaining all sourcing and business unit reporting obligations as required
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced team leader/ manager who enables others to perform and has a demonstrated ability to use the skills of others to deliver results. You will be an inspiring leader that has resilience & drive to achieve results through determination and commitment. You will be able to analyse complex data sets and develop strategies to mitigate risk and deliver value. Additionally you will have a proven ability to utilise a variety of communication styles & tools in order to effect a desired outcome. You will have a comprehensive understanding of the implications of relevant legislation in Procurement (OJEU, EU Legislation or similar complex tender processes), coupled with and in-depth understanding and experience of the tender processes
Experience in any of the following categories is desirable- Estates, Construction, Assets, Infrastructure, Facilities
A Full UK driving licence and a comprehensive understanding and application of the use of the Microsoft Office suite is required for the role.
A Business Degree/MCIPS
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary, excellent benefits and lots more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.