Night Transport Operator
My client is a global business who are currently looking for a night transport operator, you will be responsible for all drivers coming on to site during the night shift and ensuring all health and safety and compliance. You will have the following non negotiable shift pattern -
- 4PM TO 2AM
- 6AM - 4PM
- 8PM TO 6AM
These shifts will rotate with your colleagues.
Haulage and freight
- Absence Management
- Team Management, Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements.
- Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members.
- Deliver team member performance reviews, development and/or succession planning as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication particularly to customer.
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues (complaints), including associated investigations, in line with HR policy.
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Thorough daily briefing and de briefing of all employees (including agency drivers).
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant Management experience in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- A CPC (National & International) is a prerequisite for the position.
- You will have a good understanding of legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Should possess well developed analytical skills including budgeting, financial management and control.
- Strong leadership and people management skills and the ability to organise and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop customer relationships.
- Ability to manage a constantly changing operation.
A salary of £28,000 + Benefits.