Buyer - Gloucester - Permanent
The Buyer is responsible for the efficient operation of their function, ensuring targets are met and Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
The Buyer must have a high degree of technical knowledge linked to a firm understanding of current policies and procedures with the ability to disseminate information in a coherent and professional manner.
Reporting in to the Strategic Buyer you will be joining an established Purchasing team.
My client is an established specialist manufacturer of electromechanical sub-assembly services. They are based in a modern factory and supply and work with major Blue-Chip companies.
- Placing purchase orders with designated suppliers from the weekly purchase delinquency report and from overhead requisitions
- Investigating and negotiating with potential and existing suppliers in order to rationalise the supplier base where it is economically prudent and possible to do so
- Ensuring that stock levels do not exceed the budgeted levels, primarily of value, but also being cognisant of the physical limitations
- Assisting Estimating and Sales Departments with the provision of information relating to the most cost effective sources of supply
- In conjunction with Customers, Engineering and QA, develop approval for alternative products, particularly when such alternatives will yield cost efficiency's
- Ensuring that all data relating to the purchase and stocking of materials is kept in an up-to-date manner that is available for the relevant personnel to view
- Implement contracts with suppliers where it is appropriate to do so by virtue of annual spend and importance with logistical considerations for minimising stock holdings
The successful candidate will be CIPS qualified or working towards. For those candidates who would like to obtain CIPS status my client will support you by providing this additional training and development.
Educated to degree level
Manufacturing background within a Purchasing function - All areas of Manufacturing will be considered
Proven track record in end to end Purchasing - Cost reductions, supplier rationalisation
This is a permanent role but with the first 3 month's being treated as a temporary contract. The salary bracket is £28,000 to £32,000