An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join a business who have significant growth planned in for the next few years.
Our client, based in Sheffield, are easily accessed from Doncaster, Sheffield and surrounding areas. This forward thinking business are adding to their team due to growth and furthered investment of their supply chain. This opportunity presents the successful candidate with the chance to develop their skill set towards a career alongside a business that is expanding.
The successful Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the following accountability's.
- Supporting the quotations of a project & ongoing purchases.
- Initiating and providing updates regarding quotations and sample delivery status.
- Information gathering and supplier account creation.
- Systems maintenance from a Q-Pulse/MSGP/SAP perspective.
- Arrangement of samples for current & new R&D projects.
- Purchase order placement for previously arranged samples.
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following key skills and experience.
- PC literate with a good understanding of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Previous admin experience within a purchasing, buying, manufacturing or supply chain environment.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced role/environment.
- An understanding of purchasing terminology.
- Basic understanding or working knowledge of Q-Pulse, MSGP & SAP.
- An ability to carry out basic data/manipulation and recording.
- Good working knowledge of Excel i.e. data manipulation
£20,000 - £25,000