Team Leader Commercial ICT
1 day left
- Full Time
Department of Internal Affairs (“DIA”) is diverse, professional and effective. DIA is home to the National Library's valuable collections, produces world-leading security standard passports, records every New Zealand birth, death and marriage and administers hundreds of laws and regulations. Reporting through to six Ministers, DIA keeps the Treaty of Waitangi (New Zealand’s founding document), leads ICT transformation across government, supports Charities and enforces the Gambling Act - and much more.
About the role:
DIA’s Commercial Procurement Team sits within the Finance function for the Shared Services Branch and provides support, advice and services to the branches across the Department and New Zealand.
The Team Leader Commercial ICT is responsible for leading and managing a team of Commercial Procurement Professionals to achieve ongoing performance and benefit realisation in relation to ICT Procurement across the Department.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this is an opportunity to develop, drive and deliver ICT procurement strategy that strengthens outcomes and realises value for money.
- Demonstrate dynamic and strategic procurement thinking and influence stakeholders to drive fantastic outcomes
- Lead the development and execution of category and sourcing strategies to ensure achievement of DIA outcomes and strategy
- Establish, manage and maintain the sourcing pipeline for all DIA ICT procurement initiatives
- Oversee five commercial procurement professionals who lead and manage procurement processes, develop and implement procurement plans and strategies, and execute market engagement to propel DIA forward to realise great commercial outcomes
- Previous experience leading a team of ICT procurement professionals in a strategic environment
- Proven strategic procurement and planning skills
- An in-depth understanding of the management of ICT categories, vendors and contracts within a complex environment
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to grow and develop a high performing team
- Excellent relationship/stakeholder management skills with the ability to establish, build and maintain relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven negotiation and strategic influencing skills which can be applied at all levels of the organisation internally and externally
- Strong business analysis and financial management skills
- Be delivery focussed with the ability to oversee complex procurements with significant change
If you are a passionate ICT Procurement Leader, with a penchant for challenge and continuous improvement, a high rate of effort who has proven people leadership skills and is adept at navigating complexity and communicating with influence, then this could be the perfect next move in your procurement journey. A relevant tertiary qualification and experience at a similar level is essential.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity please click here to hear from Manager Andy Foster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDPfJPBN5g&feature=youtu.be
Apply for Team Leader Commercial ICT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly