Senior Project Manager
A Senior Project Manager is required to lead and implement distribution development projects across the UK for a leading 3rd Party logistics provider.
Our client is the one of the global logistics providers of choice for many leading businesses. They specialise in providing unique cutting edge logistics solutions both domestically and internationally. The work in sectors including Retail, Ecommerce, food, Aerospace, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Hi tech to name but a few.
UK Based; the role of a Senior Project Manager (logistics) is to assist the development of major infrastructure change and improvement within the distribution networks of various customers. Programmes could include anything for New build of Distribution centres, closure / re-purposing of major networks, leading change and transformation projects.
The Senior Project Manager role will entail : -
- Delivering major depot infrastructure change programmes in line with agreed business cases and time lines.
- Responsibility for a variety of projects that will include opening new and re purposing existing operations where appropriate.
- Facilitating and managing senior stakeholders on one to one or through natural work teams.
- Risk management through all stages of projects and programmes
- Development of project managers/ stream leads
- Guidance of the project management office
- Influencing key senior stakeholders both internally and externally to achieve the proposed solution and ensure delivery of the project.
- Full Project budgetary responsibility for the successful completion of multi-million pound change programmes.
- Identifying and delivering the key success factors within Operations, HR, IT, Property and Maintenance that will lead to the effective delivery of critical projects.
This is a genuinely exciting position that will provide the successful candidate with strong exposure to the strategic thinking that goes into creating a world class Logistics distribution and supply chain network. Due to the national nature of the business this Senior Project Manager role could entail a significant element of UK travel.
Logistics distribution and supply chain
UK based role of Senior Project Manager (Logistics)requires a degree calibre individual seeking to develop and progress their careers within a fast-paced, forward thinking and global organisation.
The ideal candidate will have an operational background within Logistics distribution and supply chain and the ability to apply this experience within a more strategic role.
Previous experience of managing and delivering projects within a distribution/logistics environment as a project or programme manager with exposure to a broad spectrum of Project Management techniques is therefore preferable.
Due to the cross-functional nature of the role strong team-working and relationship building skills are critical. The willingness to take on a role with a high element of travel including spells spent working away from home will be an essential feature of the successful candidate.
Experience/qualifications in Project methodologies (Six Sigma, Prince2, PMP, Agile, Waterfall) is essential
Qualifications in Programme management methodologies is desirable (MSP)
Six Sigma accreditation is preferred although not essential.
experience using MS Project is an essential as this a key tool for this role.
The role of Senior Project Manager will offer a highly competitive salary paired with an exceptional benefits package that includes an executive company car or car allowance, bonus scheme, private medical, pension scheme, child care vouchers.