Strategic Sourcing Lead
Strategic Sourcing Lead required for Bridgend based manufacturer
The Strategic Sourcing Leader will be responsible for local agreements, driving total cost reduction and value-add creation from the supply base. You will ensure excellent customer quality and delivery service levels while driving inventory reduction and improved supplier performance, consistent with Global and EMEA Commodity Leader sourcing strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Manages the commercial relationships with plant specific suppliers and inter company transactions, following directions from Plant Leads and EMEA Strategic Sourcing leaders.
- Liaising with Plant Leads, EMEA Strategic leaders and EMEA Category Managers, whilst actively participating in global sourcing projects and initiatives.
- Negotiates prices and follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific products and materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
- Negotiates contracts and long term agreements, and establishes Frame Contracts /blanket orders that may include consignment stock / VMI, price improvements, supply chain improvements (e.g. lead-time, lot sizes), working capital improvement (target 3% 15, Net 75 net), Terms & Conditions, Quality Agreements
- Closely interacts with Legal, Regulatory, Product Engine, Supplier Quality Assurance group and negotiates quality agreements with the supply base.
- Actively participates in New Product Development projects
- Actively participates in annual budget process providing new standard costs and prices
- Acts as 1st escalation step for plant buyers/planners
- Investigates supplier's financial condition, technical competence, facilities, and production techniques to ensure adequate supply sources.
- Escalates supply issues to EMEA Strategic Sourcing leaders and Category Managers when appropriate
- Sourcing system maintenance and updates to insure integrity of data.
To apply for this role, you will have knowledge and experience within:
- Working knowledge of planning and purchasing systems, the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), accounting principles and budgeting practices, inventory control and paperwork flow necessary to be able to function responsibly in this position. Knows the criteria, process and tools for measuring and recording purchasing performance.
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on ERP System outputs.
- Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ERP systems experience required to support procurement decision making.
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, effective team player with excellent analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and develop contracts in standard form; create basic project plans and manage source plan and implementation across functions and sites.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate quotations submitted by potential suppliers to assure that the quality, quantity, delivery terms, and costs are acceptable.
- Excellent communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels (able to communicate equally well with all employees, internal and external to the company, including supplier senior management).
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.