Marketing Category Manager - 50000
Category Manager - Marketing and Commercial - 50000 + Bonus OT 10%
Working with a massive competitor within the travel industry, the successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Procurement. The organisation encourages emboldened individuals who are willing to challenge all levels of stakeholders with their expertise in Procurement. The individual will have enduring transparency within the procurement process, whilst bringing curiosity, innovation and daringly bold modernisation into this major travel brand.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Collaborate on plans with stakeholder teams to deliver step change, customer experience, and commercial targets, to improve supplier performance.
- Sustained delivery of robust business plans, both during tender process and ongoing, which are driven to a clean cut execution.
- Build relationships with key leaders across the business to drive companywide projects and build your own personal reputation.
- Ability to turn winning strategies into 'do-able' plans, which include focuses on tendering, including OJEU, key supplier development (SRM), tail spend suppliers, contract management and CSR benefits.
Key characteristics and qualities of the Category Manager:
- Extensive knowledge of Procurement to strategically deploy the most relevant to drive the best commercial outcomes.
- Ability to take considered risk views on risk, and voice views/concerns with supporting plans to senior leads.
- An insatiable curiosity through asking questions, listening, and then immediately transgressing speech into action following the conversation.
- A flexibility of hours, location, energy application and vision are required to achieve the expected highly strategic thinking and hands-on pragmatic approach.
To capitalise on this opportunity please send an updated CV to me at:
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at:
Keywords: Travel, Procurement, Category Manager, Stakeholders, Pragmatic, OJEU, SRM, CSR, Supplier Management, Contract Management, Strategic, Commercial Targets, Tendering, Degree, Marketing, Digital Projects, Sales, Communications, Revenue Management, Indirect, Budget, Cost, Savings