Senior Procurement Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Senior Procurement Officer required for South Wales based Public Sector provider
Your new role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Procurement Officer to join my South Wales based public sector client.
Reporting to the Strategic Lead, the successful candidate will provide high quality professional advice on procurement best practice and deliver maximum value for money for expenditure on goods and services. You will principally deliver a range of collaborative procurement arrangements. The role includes the award of competitive tender procedures in accordance with public sector legislation and effective contract management.
My client is committed to developing modern working practices to assist staff to balance their personal and professional lives, whilst maintaining a high quality of service. This is an agile working post to allow working at alternative locations in line with new working policies. The post is not suitable for part time / job share workers as the role requires consistency to allow ownership of problems relating to detailed procurement processes in specific timescales.
The successful candidate must also be prepared to undertake vetting to MV level.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary of £27,519 p.a. rising to £31,938 at the top of the scale
- Paid annual leave entitlement (minimum 24 days rising to 29 days after 5 years' service) plus paid public holiday leave
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous sick pay entitlement
- Flexible Working arrangements (to be agreed with line manager in support of organisational need)
- Childcare Vouchers - exchange part of your salary for tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Career Break - Staff can apply for a career break (after 2 years' service)
- Cycle to work - obtain a new bike to travel to work through your salary saving tax and national insurance
- Lifestyle Discounts which include travel subsidiaries, an eye care scheme and many more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly