Buyer, 6 Month FTC | Illustrious Technology Leader | Surrey
Are you looking for your next challenge in a high-performance environment? This exciting organisation based in Surrey operates at the cutting edge of its industry and has a prestigious reputation worldwide. With innovation entwined at the heart of the business, the role of Buyer offers the chance to become involved in a diverse range of areas in a dynamic and challenging environment.
You will need to be ready for a challenge, able to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. There are endless opportunities for quick wins and you’ll need to be tenacious and focussed enough to drive value across the function from the outset. Reporting to the Category Manager, you’ll have the chance to become involved in a diverse range of categories relating to indirect spend areas across the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To identify commercial opportunities and sourcing strategies within (and where appropriate across) the various indirect categories
- To support the Category Manager – in delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy
- Ensuring consistent implementation of Strategic Sourcing process, ensuring optimum value and quality is achieved for the business. This will include as appropriate, supplier segmentation, assessment of supplier risk, management of objective evaluation, financial analysis, commercial negotiation and contract generation
- To lead and manage the procurement sourcing within designated category areas. In particular, drive process improvements on an ongoing basis, identify key supply risks and issues, and, implement plans to mitigate these
Skills and Achievements:
- Ideally degree/MCIPS qualified
- Experience managing indirect categories on an end to end basis
- Capable of managing supplier relationships at all levels, benchmarking and Supplier improvement tasks.
- Hold a good understanding of standard contracts forms and key terms
This organisation is looking to onboard this role asap – please apply now so as not to miss out!