Senior Transport Planner
6 days left
- Full Time
Senior Transport Operator
Due to a period of planned sustainable growth my client has an exciting opportunity for an additional, experienced and motivated individual to join their traffic team and work with major blue chip companies.
Your new company
An extremely well renowned, progressive and forward thinking Transport company - widely renowned as one of the best Transport companies in the province to work for.
Your new role
"To plan the customers collections and deliveries in the most cost effective / efficient manner whilst maximising vehicle utilisation to meet the companies and customers' requirements in a managed and safe environment"
Maximise Vehicle Utilisation
Plan routes to meet customer KPI and maintain driver's hour's legislation Issue drivers with clear instructions Ensure all drivers brief and de-brief completed daily
Maintain live Traffic Management System
React to changing situations to accommodate additional business and maximise service performance and reduce delays.
Monitor Vehicle movements
Create solutions for customer's needs and requirements
Manage Customer queries and issues and keep informed & updated of all changes
Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have previous planning experience within Transport & Logistics
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills with the ability to perform in a dynamic & pressurised environment.
- Must be a Positive & Customer focused individual with the ability to build rapport with internal & external stakeholders
- Understanding of added value and managing the change process
- Good geographical knowledge of UK & Ireland
- Strong communication skills
- Efficient IT skills to include Excel
- Flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work within a shift pattern
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous Transport Planning experience within the NI Logistics industry
- Transport Management Systems experience
- Strong understanding of Transport compliance including the working time directive
- CPC qualification
- Proven track record of commercial thinking anchored by process improvement implementation
What you'll get in return
My client has offered a competitive salary, attractive relevant benefits & sociable working hours. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport professional to progress their career with a very supportive and progressive employer who has created a stimulating yet friendly working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Transport Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly