Logistics Continuous Improvement Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
My client is a global parcels company who are looking for an ambitious continuous improvement manager to join their team supporting hub managers.
Global Parcels Business
The CI Manager is responsible for overseeing operational quality and improvements plus supporting and assisting with the medium and long term business strategies.
The CI Manager will focus on maintaining and improving operational performance, ensuring this is replicated across all depots.
The CI Manager should proactively monitor, investigate and question the quality of operational performance, whilst working closely with key stakeholders both upstream and downstream to improve highlighted areas with minimal cost impact to the business.
The role holder will actively and positively encourage the utilisation of Lean tools where appropriate to tackle issues and opportunities for improvement through a structured approach. The role holder may also play a key role in assisting (new) business critical projects and a lead role in facilitation to drive resolutions and improvement.
The CI Manager must be able to communicate with stakeholders on all levels in an open and effective way. They should be able to drive and influence people in their approach.
This role will require regular travel to regional depots and periodic travel to other depots and sites within the network.
Monitor network and depot operational quality
Create and provide clear and concise reports relating to all areas of quality within the operation
Work alongside key stakeholders to propose and implement cost effective quality improvement initiatives and strategies throughout the operation
- You will come from a continuous improvement background within a logistics environment
- You will have experience of implementing quality structures and frameworks
- You will understand the importance of and champion the quality requirements of customers and key stakeholders
- Experienced in stakeholder management
- Open and direct communication
- Proactive approach towards operators, operational management and senior management
- Proactive in flagging issues in the operations
- Strong drive to achieve the best standards of quality at all times
- Strong prioritisation skills; ensuring that tasks are completed within strict timescales whilst aligned with the key deliverables
- Strong communication skills, confident in communicating with key stakeholders, colleagues and internal/external customers at all levels
- Strong influencing skills; excellent ability to deal with resistance (change management and employee behaviour)
- A flexible approach to an ever changing environment and a can do attitude
- Able to react quickly in line with business critical requirements
- Professional and courteous approach
A salary between £30,000 and £33,000 + benefits and company car allowance £4,000