Procurement, Buyer, Purchasing, Direct, Dorset, Poole, Bournemouth, Engineering, Materials, KANBAN, MRP, ERP
Your new company
This growing engineering company have a global footprint in 50 countries around the world. They support large industrial businesses with specific solutions to combat their engineering challenges.
This organisation have a very supportive ethos around their employees and offer a fantastic benefit package as well as reviewing salary annually at the beginning of the calendar year.
Your new role
This purchasing remit will report directly to a purchasing team lead. The role comprises of sourcing mechanical components and parts as well as monitoring performance of a range of suppliers.
Based within a small team, the successful candidate will be influential in improving OTIF statistics and will be reactive to changes in stock or buying patterns to ensure optimisation of best practice.
- Buying of components as generated by MRP system
- Data analysis to determine potential improvements for stock turns and lead times
- Proactive expediting to support production
- Help to develop suppliers and rationalise supplier database
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have most of the following competencies:
- CIPS qualifications
- Working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems
- Strong MS Excel capability
- Experience of 'pull systems' or KANBAN
- Comprehension of engineering drawings
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Christmas to New Year shutdown, company shares scheme, competitive pension scheme, early finish on Fridays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.