An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stores Manager to join a business, who are experiencing growth, in the Doncaster area. This position will hold responsibility for goods in, stores management and planning material into production.
Our client, based in Doncaster, are a leading manufacturing organisation in their field. Having experienced impressive growth over the last six months they are looking to strengthen their team within supply chain.
The position of Stores Manager will be concerned with developing better processes within materials management.
- To ensure that all supplier deliveries are processed on time, stock is located correctly and accurately, and issued to the production lines as required
- Design, develop & implement the warehouse layout to ensure optimum space utilisation & product flow, whilst ensuring the team work in a safe environment at all times
- Develop & implement warehouse processes & controls to effectively manage supplier purchase receipts from arrival, to stock bin location & issuing to the production lines
- Implement Health & Safety standards & procedures to ensure a safe working environment is maintained and that all legal requirements are achieved
- Implement & maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve +97% stock accuracy on all component stock
- Implement a Skills Matrix plan to ensure a highly cross functional team
- Develop, implement & manage team and individual performance metrics to ensure agreed targets are consistently achieved
- Co-ordinate manpower to ensure adequate cover for overtime, sickness & holidays
- Actively participate & lead where required Lean and Continuous Improvement activities
- Provide a positive working environment to the team to encourage engagement and active participation.
The successful candidate for this position of Stores Manager will ideally have:
- Worked in a similar role previously
- Achievements within team leadership
- Formal education (desirable)
- Manufacturing experience within a complex product environment
- Strong IT skills.
- Good leadership abilities.
- Strong stakeholder management
£25000 - £30000 + benefits