6 days left
- Full Time
Greenfield Procurement Manager required!
Your new company
I working with an interesting public sector client who are a world leading research company looking at ecosystems sciences to address critical environmental and societal challenges.
Your new role
This greenfield opportunity will be to manage the detailed development of the Procurement function and implement any changes or new developments coming through. Part of this role will be to recruit your own team on board to mainly pick up the directs side of the business.
- Lead the development, implementation and thereafter ongoing management of procurement structures, planning, policies and processes across the business
- Provide advice on efficiency of methods and processes and value for money approaches on all procurement matters, including Contract Management.
- Input into systems selection and implementation for the procurement elements of new business systems
- Deliver detailed management input into transfer arrangements from the existing procurement shared service supplier
- Provide legislative and best practice guidance and compliance approaches for procurement
- Develop and maintain purchasing T&C guidance and retain responsibility for T&C variations approval
- Recruit and manage core Procurement Team
- Provide advice on procurement strategies and routes for all services and materials
- Provide market assessment advice and guidance
- Provide advice and support on multi-year contracts
- Lead agreed high value and/or complex procurement areas
- Deliver agreed Management Information analysis and reporting to both Board and Operational levels
- Maintain supplier database (including supplier checks)
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications (1 or the other)
- A good degree (2:1 or above), ideally in a related specialism or equivalent proven ability and knowledge
- Membership of CIPS (minimum of Diploma level with requirement for Professional Diploma level to be achieved)
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of successfully implementing procurement process improvements
- Evidence of generating greater value for money from procurement activities
- Knowledge of public sector procurement rules
- Skills, knowledge and evidence of continuing professional development in procurement fields
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly