Travel Procurement Manager - £60K
Our client, a market leading FTSE100 Organisation, seek to recruit a Category Manager covering the Travel & Events Category. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced travel procurement manager who can demonstrate existing a successful track record of sourcing domestic and international travel solutions covering Air, Rail, Taxi's and Hotels.
The jobholder will manage a category portfolio in excess of £40m p/a, and will have responsibility for a small team of direct reports. Forming part of the CPO's extended procurement leadership team, it's expected that the jobholder will have additional responsibility for supporting the design and implementation of overall group procurement strategy. The jobholder will be required to build key stakeholder relationships in order that the Travel category team are involved from the outset of the demand planning phase; in turn, leading the design and development of category sourcing strategy in order to meet the demands of the business. The role will also require a candidate who is prepared to takes a 'hands-on' approach, playing a lead role in the delivery of large scale sourcing projects.
The jobholder is also expected to contribute to the continued implementation of a Procurement Risk & Compliance policy, ensuring all Procurement activities are conducted within approved 'route to market' channels.
- In depth Travel Procurement experience - encompassing Air, Rail, Taxi's and Hotels
- Additional experience of sourcing Events and Conferencing solutions will be beneficial
- Ability to evidence a track record of delivering full lifecycle procurement solutions
- Experience of operating in a complex, 'blue-chip' organisation is preferred
- Some experience of team management is essential
- Ideally Degree and MCIPS qualified