3rd Party Logistics contract management
Operational and strategic management and development of outsourced logistics.
Our Client is a leading retailer that leads their market. They have a portfolio of over 200 stores and a growing presence in ecommerce operations.
The role of Logistics manager will be responsible for the management of 3rd Party Logistics and transport operation for a multi channel retailer. The role will involve:
- Management of operational costs (£3-5million spend) - to a cost per unit level
- Planning and delivery of projects to deliver greater efficiencies
- Resolution of operational issues including route cause analysis
- Monitoring and management of KPi'sSLA's
- Management of both internal and external stakeholders (from Buying and merchandising, stores, to transport, warehouse providers and parcel carriers)
- Analysis of current network performance and provide recommendations for future development (including delivery options, click and collect)
The successful Logistics manager candidate will be
- Enthusiastic about delivering exceptional levels of service to both internal and external customers.
- Exposure to contract management as a either work for a Logistics service provider or managing logistics service providers as a customer.
- Strong analytical skills - excel or similar (V/H look ups, macros, formulas etc.)
- Experience driving continuous improvement
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or qualified by experience
Prior experience working as a logistics manager or contract manager would be advantageous
£40,000-£50,000 basic salary, Car allowance and excellent additional benefits