Commercial Manager, Bournemouth, Dorset, Defence, Aerospace, Electronics, Contracts, SHE, MoD, ITAR
Your new company
This company is an innovative market leader in the defence industry. They deal with numerous MoD contracts and look to provide breakthrough comms systems, weapon systems and military equipment to a range of organisations. The business have a promote from within policy and have a fantastic benefits package on offer to the successful candidate.
They manufacture and sub-contract across a range of disciplines within specialist engineering. With a global presence this company will serve a challenging and rewarding career path to any success driven professional.
Your new role
This position sits in the Commercial and Contracts team focusing on securing bids for new business and maintaining existing contracts. This is an analytical role to look at longevity of contract and sustainability as well as generating revenue. Compliance is a large part of the contractual process and this role will require awareness in this area.
The successful candidate will draft and negotiate contracts as well as presenting information to business stakeholders.
The role will be informing and supporting SME stakeholders to improve their performance and create solutions to improve their capabilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree calibre or equivalent relevant experience (Essential).
- A recognised commercial qualification (Desirable).
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role (Essential).
- Particular experience with Product based contracts (Essential).
- Experience with UK MoD contractual requirements (Essential).
- Experience with negotiating and advising on both simple and complex commercial contracts (Essential).
- Experience with preparing tender documentation (Essential).
- Experience with managing disputes (Desirable).
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, sports and social club discounted membership, excellent pension contribution, flexible hours (37 hour week), early finish Friday, free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.