Warehouse Shift Manager
An opportunity to join a global business as a warehouse shift manager
Main Duties will include the following;
* Manages the performance and development of their team to drive effective achievement of targets and standards throughout the warehouse operation
* Directly oversees the PM Dispatch team
* Takes responsibility for all on time delivery of UK orders
* Maintains stock accuracy at the expected level
* Directs the daily activities of the PM Dispatch team so daily functions are completed and recorded and ASW is updated and accurate
* Leads and develops process improvements / policy management and oversees implementation
* Oversees compliance with site health and safety to maintain agreed standards
* Monitors headcount and overtime and keeps warehouse equipment to optimum levels to drive cost savings and efficiencies
* Investigates and manages warehouse Incidents so they remain at acceptable levels
* Works on warehouse related projects as required
* Meets work standards and targets; organises their time and work to meet required deadlines
* Contributes positively to workplace morale
* Success in this role requires a flexible approach to work, an eye for detail and the ability to lead the team to meet targets and deadlines. A friendly and courteous approach when dealing with both internal and external customers and suppliers is also important for effective performance.
The person - Must have:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English Language and/or English Literature/good numeracy/literacy skills
- Six sigma and continuous improvement training with a background of proven application.
- Have a customer centric can do attitude.
- Proven ability in a demanding Warehouse Environment
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Experience of working within and leading a team to achieve stretching and time sensitive goals.
- WMS experience.
- IT Literate
The following will enhance the application:
- The ability to work accurately and independently
- Energy, enthusiasm and a friendly disposition
A salary of £31,380 + Benefits