Senior Buyer (FM & Fleet) - £45K
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for providing commercial support to the Procurement Manager and Head of Procurement; conducting spend data analysis, supplier performance management, cost modelling and analytical support services across all indirect spend categories. This is a critical role that will contribute to the success of the Communities Unit providing a detailed layer of spend & data analysis in order to support the design and implementation of category strategies & sourcing plans in turn managing savings performance data and maintaining an accurate contracts database. Candidate will be dealing with large contracts with Public Sector organisations covering the category focus of Fleet and Facilities Management.
- Ensuring purchases remain primarily focussed with national or preferred suppliers.
- Ensuring that all buying activities are carried out in accordance with procurement processes and highlighting any non-compliances to the individual for rectification and reporting to the Procurement Manager.
- Continually reviewing existing supply deals and benchmarking prices to ensure best value is constantly obtained.
- Ensuring that the best way to buy ie Precision Pay, CAFM, Dynamics is assessed regularly across all areas of spend.
- Carrying out key supplier reviews in accordance with the latest forms and guidance.
- Candidates should present procurement experience operating within a Buyer/Senior Buyer capacity
- Must have some procurement experience within Fleet category
- FM procurement experience both Soft and Hard
- Excellent ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Ideally Degree or MCIPS qualified