Ocean Import Clerk
The Ocean Import Clerk will provide administrative support in the operations department and provide support in managing all global shipments from their office in Merseyside.
A well recognised shipping line with a number of offices in the UK and worldwide.
The role of the Ocean Import Clerk:
- Primary point of contact for all requirements originating from clients and completing the transactions from start to final delivery and clearing.
- Organise collection and freight from the country of origin to the destination.
- Creating new relationships (and maintain/strengthen with existing) suppliers to obtain competitive pricing and improved payment terms.
- Create and send import documentation according to the requirements of the transaction.
- Ensure compliance in all elements of shipment, i.e. necessary documents, checks, approvals and certificates.
The successful Ocean Import Clerk:
- Previous work experience in international trade (Import experience is desired but not essential)
- Understand relevant shipping documentation
- Have a desire to progress and keen to develop
- Has experience of working for a freight forwarder is highly desirable
Salary: £20k - £23k
Hours: Monday - Friday (09:00 - 17:30)
Opportunity: Excellent opportunity for a well recognised shipping line