Assistant Buyer / Liverpool / £19,000 - £22,000 / 12 month contract with potential to become permanent
Your new company
You will join an interesting organisation based in Liverpool City Centre
Your new role
You will contribute towards preparing contract specifications, developing and monitoring appropriate procurement rules to provide value for money on a wide variety of Works, Services and Supplies contracts to support corporate objectives. On a day to day basis you will assist in ensuring that procurement strategy, policies and procedures are adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can demonstrate career experience in a Purchasing role or alternatively a recent graduate who is looking to develop a career in Procurement. You will also possess the following-
- Strong level of IT skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and particularly Word / Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt and respond to the demands of internal and external changes whilst working under pressure.
- The ability to assess priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience of using e-procurement systems would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
£19,000 - £22,000 dependant on experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Assistant Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly