Procurement Manager, Indirect Services | Leading Logistics Provider | Buckinghamshire
A leading Logistics business with an innovative, highly collaborative culture and world class reputation is seeking a Procurement Manager with good exposure to a range of indirect services to come in and build and work on large scale strategic Procurement projects as the business continues to grow.
As Procurement Manager, you will be part of the wider Procurement Leadership team, overseeing a multi-million pound spend across a range of indirect services. You will have extensive experience in delivering commercial benefits with improved value under budgetary constraints whilst working within a complex, ever changing and fast-moving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish & develop supplier strategies and relationships
- Manage a broad range of indirect projects
- Develop strategic negotiation plans to meet the needs of the business
- Identify business opportunities that might lead to a change in the existing business models
- Delivering a new Category Model and rolling this out across the organisation
- Interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support of business goals and objectives
- Develop appropriate Supplier Performance Review metrics and lead Strategic Business Reviews in conjunction with the business to deliver continuous improvements
- Ensure all Procurement management tools are kept up to date and reported on at each quarterly review meeting
- Degree and / or MBA preferred
- CIPS qualified of equivalent desired but not essential
- Solid Indirect Services category management expertise across areas such as IT, Marketing, HR or Professional Services to name a few
- Experience of working within business teams and enhancing strong, internal relationships
- Understanding of how to construct, organise and project manage, cross-functional teams
- Experience of driving supplier relationship management via Supplier Performance
- Reviews with internal business groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent negotiation skills
In return, you will have an opportunity to develop your career with a well-known and growing business alongside some of the most experienced and inspirational talent in the market. The company also offer great learning and development opportunities and a highly attractive bonus scheme. They also offer flexible working 1-2 days a week.