After acquiring a number of large projects within the IT department, my client is looking for an IT Procurement expert to play a pivotal role in their centralisation journey. With strategic ownership of Software, IT Services, Hardware & Telecoms categories, this senior IT & Technology Procurement opportunity will be a challenging and rewarding interim assignment.
My client are an electricity transmission and distribution business responsible for the operation and maintenance of a distribution network connecting 2.4 million and homes 5 million people to the national grid in the North West.
IT & Technology Category Manager, Global Procurement role profile:-
- Partnering with the IT Leadership Team including the CIO, becoming quickly accepted as a trusted business advisor for strategic initiatives
- Immediately impacting the business through championing much needed procurement change, winning over senior IT stakeholders not through bullying but through persuasion, story selling, collaboration and sensitivity
- Strategically managing IT deals spanning Software, Telecommunications & Managed Services, IT consultancy & Hardware, building strategic vendor partnerships as well as niche IT suppliers
- Setting long term IT sourcing and category strategies, being the pivotal player in driving commercial value from these complex procurement categories
- Quick progression throughout your Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Category Management career path, progressing from Buyer to Senior Buyer to Procurement Manager / Category Manager
- Strong knowledge of the IT & Telecoms supply market, with a successful track record of strategically managing both major and bespoke suppliers
- Proven ability to manage and influence senior IT stakeholders and further the procurement agenda
- Degree & MCIPS (preferred not essential)
- OJEU experience is desired
My client is looking to offer a day rate of between £200p/d-£250p/d for a 6 month interim assignment