Transport Manager- Distribution Company
My client ia an up and coming distribution company based in the West Midlands that has repidly grown over the past 5 years. To support this growth they are looking for a number of Operational Management professionals to add to their logistics infrastructure, including a Transport Manager.
This is an exciting position where the right candidate can really make their mark and develop quickly within the business.
A distribution company based in Birmingham.
This role is all encompassing, key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a fleet of HGV's set to increase over the next year
- Managing a large team of drivers
- Having responsibility for the sites O'License
- Building a Transport department including supervisors and planners
- Hands-on Transport planning
- Ensuring Fleet utilisation (managing back-hauls)
- Managing key clients and customer service
- Business development by bringing in new clients
- Fleet maintenance
- Site Health & Safety
Key skills required for the role:
- Transport management experience for 3+yrs
- Experience within a 3PL/ customer orientated business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with senior stake holders
- Customer service focused
- Previous financial responsibility
- Previous experience within fleet utilisation projects
- Commercial and business development experience- a track record of bringing in new business
- The ability to build a transport network
The ideal candidate will be at the stage in their career where they are keen to learn and develop whilst adding value to a Transport team.
Salary on offer is between £35,000 and £42,000.