Our client, based in Doncaster, has an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager. This position will be responsible for the procurement of direct materials and crucial SRM activities.
Our client, based in Doncaster, are leaders in their field. Alongside offering a secure career with excellent benefits this employer can also present and route to develop into senior management.
The responsibilities of the Category Manager will include:
- Determining a category strategy in line with the overall the overall vision within procurement
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Managing a small team of buyers
- Analysis of procurement spend and supply base to establish current suppliers
- Negotiating contractual agreements.
- Supplier relationship management and development.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Category Manager will have:
- Professional qualifications
- The ability to manage a large spend
- A thorough background in managing raw materials
- A comfortable approach to working with senior leaders of the business (internally and externally)
- Good coaching / leadership ability.
£40,000 - £45000