Interim National Distribution Manager
To lead, develop, design and operate a responsive, agile and efficient industry leading integrated supply chain, synchronising supply with demand to optimise availability and OTIF performance for outward distribution across multiple touch points and final mile delivery.
Leading distributor with national reach.
The successful Interim National Distribution Manager will be accountable for:
- Drive employee engagement within the Supply Chain teams and ensure plans are in place to deliver continuous improvement
- Be responsible for managing the customer delivery fleet approximately 350 vehicles to ensure the most reliable and cost-effective fleet that meets the needs of the organisation, minimises running costs and adherence to relevant company policies
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain team, encouraging the continuous development of each member
- Ensure consistent and frequent communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of third party contract, ensuring contractor performs to budget and contracted KPI's, driving continuous efficiency and gain share opportunities.
The successful Interim National Distribution Manager will have:
- Proven track record of Director level roles in Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain. They will be familiar with a service orientated, complex, multi-site, business driven environment
- Have a track record of continuous process improvement is essential with the ability to deliver and embed best practice, learning from the best organisations.
- Comfortable working with and developing relevant key performance indicators, measurement, control and performance metrics.
- Proven team leadership experience is essential, with a demonstrable track record of integrating, coaching and developing people to bring the very best out of them.
- Sustainability - understand current industry and government regulations governing sustainability. Be able to calculate carbon footprint of business processes and develop processes that strive to eliminate waste.
- Be flexible to work across the UK with a base in the West Midlands area.
The successful Interim National Distribution Manager will be offered a competitive day rate, and an initial contract of 6 months.