The role of the interim buyer is to source and procure materials and components consistent with the company requirements in quality, cost and delivery.
Growing automotive organisation based in Milton Keynes looking to recruit an interim buyer.
- Manage supplier performance ensuring that Quality, Cost and Delivery performance is maintained at high levels
- Liaising with Production Purchasing, Logistics and Engineering on a daily basis.
- Conducts re-sourcing exercises whilst maintaining continuity of supply to meet requirements in the event of non-acceptable price, service or quality performance.
- Accepts responsibility for obtaining materials, assisting with the resolution of supply problems, by direct personal contact with top supplier management, and assisting suppliers in the procurement of scarce material resources/services.
- Contributes in conjunction with specialist functions, in solving design, quality and costing problems.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and an ability to analyse cost data and quickly assimilate supplier processes.
- To research, identify and select suppliers that improve commercial, quality, delivery and technology performance.
- Develop and deliver Commodity Strategies.
- Demonstrate a confident approach to teamwork and provide purchasing/commercial input into cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of Quality Approval processes.
- Educated to degree level
- The role requires an extensive knowledge within purchasing function within the Automotive Industry.
- MS office applications
- Sound analytical ability to be able to understand and analyse large quantities of complex data, and be able to present data and findings to audiences at all levels
- Team player, ability to integrate and lead problem solving initiatives
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Manufacturing material and processes
£20 - £25 per hour