SCM Operations Support
Reporting in to the Materials Manager you are an integral part of the Supply Chain function, lending support to Category Managers, Material Controllers and the Supply Chain Manager.
A leader in Power and Automation manufacturing with a presence in over 100 countries.
- Collate information about urgent stock requirements from manufacturing and working with suppliers to resolve any gaps
- Daily reporting of urgent stock requirements and liaise with manufacturing to establish priorities
- Place purchase orders for direct material as per factory requirement
- Schedule deliveries with suppliers and keep all order dates up to date
- Resolve invoice issues with suppliers, i.e. pricing issues, delayed deliveries
- Deal direct with emerging market suppliers regarding pricing and minimum order quantities to meet our needs
- Keep SAP system up to date with correct supplier information i.e MOQ's, Batch quantities, Pricing, Lead times
- Support Material Controllers to establish inventory gaps to SAP reservation and formulate action plan required to mitigate unplanned shortages
- HNC or above in Business or relevant discipline
- Good understanding of operational or planning processes
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret production and demand data
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and compare queries with inventory schedules open with suppliers
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- SAP skills are essential in this role
- Customer facing and can do attitude
- Background of Supply chain management or inventory planning
- Knowledge of open book progressing with suppliers
Highly competitive salary is on offer and this will be discussed with interested candidates.