Stock & Systems Manager
Stock & Systems Manager position
Your new company
A major FMCG Logistics company
Your new role
Due to continued success and business growth an exciting opportunity has become available for an energetic, experienced and ambitious Stock & Systems Manager.
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Stock & Systems Manager will be responsible for Raw Material Supply, a small team of Clerks and FLT Drivers and improve the general warehouse operation on site
- Control, develop and manage the department, working closely with the operational management teams to deliver contractual KPIs for stock
- Ensure that all stock movements are documented in line with standard operating procedures
- Overall responsibility for monthly audits and stock take results
- Provide quality technical support to the operation
- Operate in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- Deliver the agreed department budget
- Monitor, control and work in close collaboration with the customer to improve site performance.
- Develop new approaches to actively manage the warehouse configuration, maximise warehouse efficiency and effectiveness to achieve best in class stock management
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a high volume warehouse or production operation
- Good understanding of business information systems ideally SAP
- Will possess excellent PC skills and have experience of Microsoft Excel in particular
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced ever-changing environment
- Experience of implementing and controlling cross departmental processes
- Some knowledge of Continuous Improvement would be beneficial
- Flexible in your approach to work.
- Able to communicate at all levels, both with internal and external customers
- Has the drive and tenacity to lead change
- Exposure to Food Safety Environments, Good Manufacturing Processes or other production based quality systems desirable
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a very competitive salary, attractive working hours and shift patterns and the ability to make your mark on a very successful operation along with real progression prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.