Supply Chain Manager
My client is looking for someone to come in and be strategic, to look at the department of Planners and Buyers and improve process and efficiency's.
To manage the whole supply chain process from raw material and bought in goods ordering, production planning and customer delivery to ensure on time, in full delivery to customers and managing Trade Working Capital in line with business requirements.
The first choice in their field, global reputation with over 9 brands worldwide.
Responsible for: Senior and Junior Buyers, Senior and Junior Planners
- Member of the leadership team, managing and developing all resources within the purchasing and planning departments
- Responsible for inventory control ensuring stock levels are maintained at a level to support operations and the requirements to achieve TWC targets
- Responsible for operations planning in order to meet customer expectations and to minimise WIP
- Developing key supplier relationships in order to increase flexibility within the supply chain and to create a responsive supply base able to improve product availability and reduce lead times according to changes in demand
- Deliver cost effective and competitive advantage through supplier development
- Development of a team working culture within the Department to improve overall efficiency
- On-going assessment of purchasing strategies with associated development and implementation of action plans
- Development and communication of KPIs to monitor departmental performance
- Degree or equivalent qualification with at least 5 year's background in supply chain management
- CIPS or MCIPS
- Manufacturing background essential
- Strong supplier management background with a track record of continuous improvement
- Demonstrable proven track record of KPI improvements
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly MRP conversant
Top end for salary is £45,000. This opportunity is perfect for a Planning Manager making the step up or a Senior Buyer in a similar position.