Transport Shift Manager
New opportunity for experienced Transport Shift Manager to join cross dock operation. This is a busy fast paced role where you will be managing Warehouse, Transport and office staff. You will gain great exposure in this role and there is opportunity to grow and develop within this successful business.
The successful Transport Shift Manager will be working for a national logistics business. This is a great time to be joining this forward thinking company who seek like minded individuals to come on board to help move the business forward as they grow.
As the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for managing the shift ensuring customer SLA's are met.
- Manage Drivers, Admin and Warehouse operation ensuring targets and KPI's are met and company policies adhered to
- Support department Supervisors ensuring team productivity's are met
- Work in line with legislation and health and safety policies
- Provide reporting to senior management
- Review processes, promote continuous improvements
- HR duties including disciplinary, return to work, absence, sickness etc
- Reviewing current processes and making recommendations for improvements
You MUST have experience in a similar Transport Manager role. You will be people focused with the ability to influence and motivate a team. You will have excellent communication skills and confident speaking at all levels and passionate about customer service. You will require good knowledge of transport legislation and ideally you will have a CPC qualification.
You will have experience in dealing with HR matters such as sickness, absence, disciplinary, PDR's etc.
You MUST be flexible for shift work, the hours are 4 on 4 off days and nights rotation.
£36,000 + company benefits.