My client is seeking an experienced strategic procurement professional, to assist in the provision of specialist expert procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
My client is a leading global organisation operating in the construction sector, who have a global presence
* To fulfil the responsibilities of the Category Manager
* To assist provision of specialist expert procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients
* To actively contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of contract and claims services across the client base
* Support and to develop the Service Stream capability & Product innovation
* To support office business development including the support of marketing of contract services
* To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets
* To deliver individual income and business development targets
In particular we are looking for an individual with particular expertise in Procurement strategy & Contracts. This includes:
- Procurement strategy
- OJEU Procurement
- Supply chain intelligence
- Contract and commercial modelling
- Contract terms, negotiation and award
* Category Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager
* Preferably to possess a Bachelor degree related to quantity surveying, law, or procurement.
* Experience of various forms of contracts - NEC, JCT
* Have previously held a client facing role.
* Be able to work autonomously without need for supervision including working from our client's offices.
* Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
* Minimum of 3 years procurement and preferably consultancy experience.
* Excellent communication skills in English.
* Good IT skills and a real interest in tools and systems, data and numbers.
* Driven to get results.
My client is looking to offer an attractive base salary of up to £55k plus a competitive package for the ideal candidate