Procurement Strategy and Policy Advisor
1 day left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced commercial professional who can influence,strategise and deliver at the highest level?
Do you want to play a pivotal part in Franchise procurement, ensuring the very best outcome is achieved for Passengers / Government and the UK Economy?
If so we’d love to hear from you as we’re currently looking for a Procurement Strategy and Policy Advisor to join our Passenger Services Procurement Excellence Team.
As the Procurement Strategy and Policy Advisor you will be helping to create a world-class railway that drives national grow. The post holder will be part of the ongoing development and maintenance of procurement policy that is adopted by each franchise competition, including the impact of any approval structure and governance.
As the key interface with Procurement’s Assurance you will work closely with legal advisors in ensuring adherence to best practice principles and relevant procurement law.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
Key activities in this post include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support and assistance to project teams in answering queries on the development of competition specific ITT’s.
- Manage various procurement strategy initiatives/projects to facilitate continuous improvement in relation to rail franchising.
- Managing the change control process around the baseline Invitation to Tender document, and ensure that all changes are signed off and the baseline ITT is updated accordingly.
- Responsible to managing the consistence of all the procurement template documentation.
- Providing support to the operation of the Passport process, evaluation methodology, ARIS database as well as undertaking policy and strategy related projects as required.
- Working closely with project teams, suppliers and legal advisors ensuring customers experience a joined up procurement function which provide a comprehensive service and enables them to deliver their objectives.
- Assisting in implementing lessons learned from previous competitions.
- Understand the wider procurement strategic and policy objective not only for Passenger Services, but for DfT Group and wider Government.
- Liaise with the wider DfT family to ensure policy decisions are aligned with both corporate and Passenger Services objectives.
- Represent Passenger Services on franchising and rail topics on all procurement policy issues e.g. membership of the Virtual Policy Team (procurement policy group across the wider DfT family).
- Gain a wider procurement understanding of how other rail organisations operate in terms of procurement policy e.g. HS2, TfL, Crossrail and Network Rail.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders across Passenger Services, franchise competition teams, Rail Group, DfTc, Rail Delivery Group (RDG), potential new market entrants, third party advisors such as National Skills Academy Rail (NSAR) and Rail Safety Standards Board (RSSB).
- Lead on specific policies and be the single point of contact for all procurement policy engagement within Passenger Services, ensuring the process of policy development has been fully consulted with appropriate stakeholders and recommendations are evidenced with rationale and supported by subject matter experts (SMEs).
As the ideal candidate you will have a strong commercial acumen and be able to effectively use your commercial awareness to deal will complex procurement processes. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong positive professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will be a team player, who can influence and communicate effectively and be able to identify issues and present swift suitable strategic solutions. Holding a MCIPS qualification would be extremely advantageous however is not essential.
Rail Group is a single, integrated body established by the Department for Transport to take UK’s railway into the future, and to put passengers at the heart of the journey. With billions of pounds of government funding behind us and strong leadership in place, we have an unprecedented opportunity to drive things forward. Passenger Services is responsible for covering the whole of the rail franchise life-cycle from procurement through to day to day management and has committed to putting passengers at the heart of what it does.