Due to growth of the business and an internal promotion, my client is looking to recruit a Materials Planner to join their team based in Sheffield. As the Materials Planner you will be responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of over 1000 packaging materials and components from suppliers based in the UK and Far East to achieve production schedule and proven to have reduced shortages and inventory level.
Joining my client as a Materials Planner means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Unique in what they do with a rich and storied history, but that hasn't stopped them from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future. With sites all over the world you would become a member of their growing team based in Sheffield. Being a part of their team means living up to their core values, integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, and vision. They thoroughly believe in investing time into their people, the Materials Scheduler role has become available due to an internal promotion and growth of the business.
If you were successful in this process your main responsibilities as the Materials Planner are as follow:
- Utilising the MRP system to identify & order appropriate direct materials allowing for lead time, and safety.
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships to ensure optimum communication of delays & expediting of materials.
- Close liaison with suppliers, customers & European procurement team.
- Identify potential new suppliers & cost saving opportunities.
- Meet & maintain inventory turns targets to flex inventory to volume processed.
- Maintain stock accuracy through routine scheduled cycle count activity & updates MRP accordingly.
- Maintain departmental KPIs related to availability, cost & accuracy of stock.
- Support & meet site schedule attainment through close communication with the planning department.
- Working closely with value streams to develop & maintain material replenishment systems, flow improvements and visual ordering triggers.
- Attend regular meetings in relation to new product introduction and material specification changes to follow up with suppliers and ensure changes are applied in line with company procedures.
- Actively update and maintain master data
- Generate & update daily/weekly reporting & identify trends requiring action.
Ideally the successful candidate would come from an engineering/industrial background, and have experience managing materials from suppliers. To be successful in becoming the next Materials Planner within this organisation, you would ideally have some of the following key skills and qualities:
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including phone & e-mail.
- Analytical approach to work & experience identifying areas for improvement.
- Experience expediting material through multiple channels from global suppliers.
- Conversant with MRP replenishment systems (ideally SAP R3).
- High level of IT Literacy & competent in the use of spreadsheets
- Previous experience in similar position within a continuous improvement environment
£25,000 - £30,000