Our client requires an experienced Transport Manager to take overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective running of their Transport operation, to the agreed budgets and service targets. The Transport Manager will be required to ensure full compliance with all relevant Transport legislation, working closely with the Warehouse operation to develop and implement efficiencies.
Our client are a specialist 3PL operating throughout the UK and Europe.
- Manage fleet utilisation and legal compliance to O Licence requirements
- Ensure compliance of the operation to Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements
- Ensure efficient planning, reviewing and communication of operational requirement and change
- Setting/agreeing targets, and gaining commitment from direct reports to targets including budgets and plans.
- Monitor transport and general business KPI's, ensuring that they are met and continually improved upon.
- Continually review all aspects of the operation and drive improvements in methods, procedures and efficiencies.
- Build positive customer relationships with both internal and external customers, responding constructively to all requests in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership; encouraging a learning environment whilst developing staff
- CPC Holder (Essential)
- Proven transport management experience in an FMCG environment.
- Leadership skills including the ability to enthuse and motivate.
- Previous responsibility for Transport P&L
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Drive, determination and a proven track record in delivering continuous improvement.
This role represents a superb opportunity to take ownership of the Transport operation management for an industry leading 3PL at one of their key sites. There are fantastic prospects to progress within the company so if you are an experienced, ambitious transport professional looking for your next career move, this role is for you!