Senior Procurement Manager- Marketing
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading FMCG brand as a senior manager within their procurement team, leading a team of 2 across Western Europe. You will be taking ownership of a large area of the marketing spend and helping to define the strategy for the whole region whilst working alongside the procurement director.
My client is a household name that excites kids and adults. They are a dominant force in their field with a number of different brands which are instantly recognisable. They are great business to work for who believe in rewarding their staff and giving them to opportunity to drive their own career. One of those brands that everyone would love to work for!
Key areas in this role will be:
- Influencing - key decision makers at critical points.
- Innovation - looking at new and innovative business models and creating mutually beneficial relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Act as owner - identify, influence, manage & implement. Strive to establish and implement a best-in-class Marketing Procurement operating process
- Solid Category management - Leading and managing category strategies with excellence. Establishing a strong ROI methodology with finance and marketing to enable the business units to work together in the best ways.
- Support in the realignment and branding of the Procurement function.
- Thorough knowledge of Content, Production and Adaptation categories to identify regional/global opportunities for best approach, best talent sourcing and improved ways of working.
- Creation of Value and Productivity Initiatives.
- Support marketing functions with best practices sourcing process guidance.
- Ensure sharing of best practices and influencing global strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a passionate procurement professional who has a depth of experience in the marketing category and is looking to challenge themselves on a daily basis. In this role you will be working at the forefront of the marketing strategy and you will be someone who thrives in creating unique and innovative solutions.
Key attributes that the my client is looking for in the successful candidate:-
- Extensive experience in Marketing with Content Agencies, or in Marketing Procurement,
- Experience in people management and development.
- Proven experiences in managing complex internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to effectively partner/ influence/ lead to drive change and achieve business results.
- Leadership skills - strong self-management, drive for results and influencing to form consensus.
- Exceptional business communication skills, including negotiations and forming coalitions to drive change.
- Strategic perspective coupled with and based on the foundation of a good analytical skill set.
This is a great opportunity with an instantly recognisable brand that is always at the cutting edge of innovation. On offer is a role where you will be able to take full ownership and become a leader from day one.
Furthermore, there is a highly competitive salary on offer with an excellent package on offer which values individual performance and long term commitment to the business.