A client of choice in the Leicestershire area are recruiting a Senior Buyer to join their Global Category Team. Experience in a manufacturing and Production environment would be ideal for this role.
My client are a Global Brand with a multitude of companies under the parent umbrella. They are a fabulous employer both in this region and nationally and can offer exceptional coaching, mentoring and both career and personal development. With a strong Life Science element to their operation, having prior experience in Pharmaceutical or Chemical manufacture would aid an application.
Some of the key responsibilities for the Senior Buyer are as follows:
- To improve responsiveness on quotations 24 hour turnaround time
◦ Focussed on fast response to global customer service representatives
◦ Provide lead time/price alternatives from alternative sources
- To meet customer satisfaction through on-time deliveries
◦ Improve supplier performance monitored by sourcing
◦ Direct input into operations to improve communications
◦ Support the development of secondary sources to ensure continued supply in region and across the globe
◦ Support documentation and other data requirements to be obtained from vendors
- For "Local-Global" and "Global" projects, this position represents the Global Sourcing Group on project teams, working closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Materials Management, Production, Supply Chain, QA/QC, R&D and Legal as necessary.
- Where necessary, manage projects on behalf of Global Category Leads, ensuring that:
◦ technical, logistical, and supply chain requirements are identified and optimised
◦ meetings are conducted efficiently
◦ risks and contingencies are identified and communicated
◦ senior management is kept aware of project status, resource conflicts, and any project risks that arise
The successful candidate for the Senior Buyer position will have the following:
- Excellent communicator
- Strong problem solver
- Analytical skills including data collection and trend analysis
- The ability to make prompt business decisions and to execute accordingly
- Confident and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of continuous improvement initiatives
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Results driven
- Works well under pressure
A very strong salary, package and career development plan.