The role of the Transport Planner will be to utilise route planning software, prepare documentation and create cost effective and efficient routes. The role will report directly to the Commercial Manager of the Wigan site.
The client is a growing Logistics Operation that have a number of sites in the UK.
The role of the Transport Planner:
- Plan delivery routes, liaising with Delivery Booking Team for customer bookings, optimising vehicle routes and capacity, thus profitability.
- Advise warehouse, Customer Engagement and Home Delivery Technicians of next day vehicle allocation/routes.
- Monitor the shifts document and vehicle tracker for driver and vehicle availability.
- Compile the necessary paperwork as required for vehicle packs.
- Responsible for coordinating system updates relevant to route planning.
- Produce and circulate required reporting to relevant personnel, including commentary on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure that the process manual is up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- Liaison with 3rd party courier partners as required to meet service need.
- To take ownership and responsibility for the continued development of the day-to-day planning based on a culture of open communication, engagement and trust.
- To be responsible for reviewing peak and off-peak schedule, to ensure compliance with business requirements.
The Successful Transport Planner will have:
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Hours: Monday - Friday (days) 35-40 hours per week