Procurement specialist - Raw Materials
Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials/goods & services necessary to support the organisational goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimized, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and SAP data maintained.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing (know the buy) ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed and communicated.
- Identify and select source(s) of assigned raw materials, products and services. Work with the supplier base to identify new sources within existing portfolio and new technologies which may bring advantage to the business, sponsoring and supporting approvals as appropriate.
- Prepare, maintain and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the Long Range Plan (LRP) both within region and at a global level as appropriate to ensure raw material, products and services availability and economics are communicated to and support the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain forecasts (volume and price) for use with suppliers and for communication within the business including the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process.
- Monitor quality and consistency of raw materials, products and services used via the SCS (Supplier Care System) to record quality issues/resolutions. Consult with Process Technology, R&D and Manufacturing and other departments as required, investigating and resolving quality issues quickly and effectively.
- Collaborate with other purchasing team members on a regional and global basis to identify synergies that will ensure maximization of strategic purchasing initiatives.
You will ideally have :-
- Work experience in the petroleum additive, lubricant or chemical industry
- Degree within Business, Economics, Math, Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- 1 - 3+ Years in a Procurement / Commercial role
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus.
- Strong strategic and analytic approach to procurement with knowledge of strategic sourcing principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of contract writing and management
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 + FSP + Benefits Package
Please apply now for further information.