Transport Route Planner
Page Personnel Logistics are currently looking to recruit a Transport Route Planner for our client based in Chiswick, West London. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be in an area of high growth activity and where you will join a new generation of transportation control tower, in direct contact with the customers and providers.
Our client are a European haulier who manage a contract with a well known foods brand.
In the role of Transport Route Planner you will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate transport orders to carriers respecting the commitments of the specifications and the transport plan
- Follow the loading operations.
- Take the appointment of delivery to recipients by phone, mail or web portal.
- Managing the modifications of transport orders
- Check the proper carriers inputs into TMS
- Monitor transport costs
- Maintain service and budget of each transport flow
- Update and management of carriers on their performance (KPIs / Meetings)
- Ensure the release of anomaly blocked orders in the systems of logistics providers.
The ideal candidate will have strong academics and have worked within a similar role where you will have developed a good knowledge of road transport activity and legislation in Transport. In addition you will demonstrate rigor, dynamism and customer focus. Candidates would benefit from experience of using SAP but it is not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary and befits. As the company is looking to establish itself further within the UK market you will have realistic opportunities for progression.