A Distribution Manager is required for a forward thinking SME with sites in Kent and Oxfordshire.
Our client is distribution SME that offers a value add service in a competitive FMCG space.
As the Distribution Manager you will be responsible for managing and developing the transport and warehouse teams based in Medway and Oxfordshire. Reporting to the Head of Operations your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage change within the Warehouse and Transport Teams cultivating a culture whereby the company can grow and develop on a sound business infrastructure.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and manage training and development as a key to success of a developing and growing organisation ensuring maximum return on investment.
- Manage effectively the financial spend of all areas achieving the best possible balance between quality of service and cost.
- Oversee the appraisal structure and reward programmes.
- To manage the fleet of vehicles across both sites, including maintenance and compliance issues and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Carry out audits and manage the delivery of improvements.
- Delivering and maintaining operational service excellence.
- Demonstrate sound commercial understanding and cost control management.
- Carry out disciplinary investigations and hearings for all areas of the company.
- To develop and implement a strategy for recruitment, retention and engagement of the right people, creating and maintaining a culture whereby staff are motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about their work.
- To ensure Health and Safety policy is adhered to and managed on a day to day basis.
The successful Distribution Manager will live within a commuting distance of the site in Medway and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience in leading a fast paced transport and warehouse operation.
- Food distribution experience would be advantageous.
- Have a strong transport understanding and hold a CPC.
- Experience of budget management.
- Demonstrable people management and leadership skills.
- An ability to manage change and drive continuous improvement.
A competitive basic salary, company car and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.