A fantastic opportunity to join a household name based in Kingston Upon Hull looking for a Procurement Specialist. Working closely with key internal stakeholders including design, production and engineering to help develop cost saving strategies within the purchasing and procurement department.
With operations based out of Hull, this large manufacturing business are one of the best known and most reputable businesses in their industry.
The client have a an ethos of developing talent to ensure both employees and business progress.
Key responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist:
- Develop current supply base to ensure cost savings are achieved
- Maintain NPD targets
- Work with internal key stakeholders to bring about improvements in supply chain
- Regular reviews of current supply base
- Develop and auditing of potential new suppliers
- Drive cost cutting initiatives to achieve departmental KPI targets
The successful Procurement Specialist will needs to have following skill set:
- Worked in and a manufacturing/engineering environment within a purchasing department
- Ideally CIPS or degree qualified, but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure to meet KPI's
- Willingness to build internal relationships with key infernal management
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to negotiate and influence
Salary depending on experience - £30-35k
25 days holiday